Music Banter - View Single Post - Share Your First Post
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No I don't. My FTP is password-protected. Anyway they're only images. But if you know of a way to get around the protection and can tell me how to prevent that, I would be interested and perhaps indebted to you.
Your FTP may be password protected, but that particular directory is not. If I go to trollheart.com I can grab anything in there, which tells me that you have things stored in the root, and not in an FTP directory. You'd need to contact your hosting service in order to straighten that all out, which I'm assuming is letshost or softlayer from the whois lookup. I only know how to do it in the hosting services I use which are 1and1, and AT&T, and things may be a bit different, so any info I may give would be a bit off.

I store web content such as index.htm and all subsequent web pages in the root, and for files I want to store on the server for access by me or anyone I give the login info to, I keep in a separate protected directory, which can't be seen by just going to my website url, such as in your situation.