Music Banter - View Single Post - Share Your First Post
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #50 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

My very first post, on REM of course:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I like everything they did up until New Adventures in Hi-Fi in 1996, (I'm sure lots of people can agree with that), but I do like [I]Accelerate[/].

I think they lost something when Bill Berry left the band in 1997. He was a great drummer and a crucial part of their songwriting, arranging all the songs for them as well as other stuff.
I remember having found MB through Google and also by way of Murmurs.com which was an REM fan forum I had been posting on for awhile. It's shut down now, unfortunately.

My intro post (which was my second post ever):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Obviously I'm new here

I looooveeee music and play several instruments: Flute, Guitar (electric and acoustic), Bass Guitar, and some drums and piano.

My favourite bands are R.E.M. (#1), the Beatles, the Who, Coldplay, and Queen. But I also listen to lots of jazz (I was lead guitarist in my high school jazz band as well as a local jazz band).

I'm a university music student and I just finished my first year. I study flute at school and quite enjoy it

BTW my username is derived from the song "Burning Down" by R.E.M., off of Dead Letter Office. It's one of my favourite songs by them - maybe some of you know it? lol

Thanks
God that was embarrassing. Holy cow.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote