Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats your fav guitar?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #84 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
My Strat. Wildwood '10' Fender 57 Re-issue. Wildwood is a premier Fender dealer in Colorado who can get them to build small runs to their specs. This is a 57 all the way except instead of the period correct 7.5" fret radius it's a more modern 10". Upgrades I've made are putting in a 12 year old set of Suhr V60LP pickups (best strat pups ever IMO) and a Callaham bridge assembly with the Gilmour shorter length trem arm. The stock length gets in the way for me. And the bridge block has a nylon insert so the arm doesn't wiggle at all.

Super lightweight and resonant one piece ash body. She's a sweet ride!

I also got a white fender reissue of the 1956 stratocaster, made in 2012. I love it

Another thing which is not "correct" on my guitar, and probably not on yours, is the 5-step pickup selector switch which I believe didn't exist back then. Of course I'm happy to have it anyways.

The guitar I've played most lately is a Godin Acousticaster that I bought used (at a very reasonable price) and got fixed up. It sounds friggin amazing. I love the telecaster shape and it's just really comfy and easy to play as well. It's the perfect electro-acoustic .. I took it to a gig with the band last december and it was just the best gig I ever played. I've never been that happy with a guitar on stage. Now I just want their nylon version as well ("multiac") which I've seen Al Di Meola (I'm a fan) plays.

Here's a picture so you can see what it looks like (not of mine though).