Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats your fav guitar?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #87 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
My Tele has been giving me some strange grief lately. I've snapped two A strings on the saddle (both during gigs) and an E once, with less than a few week old strings, always in the same spot. Did some research and apparently every once in a while during manufacturing something will slip and create a small bur on the saddle, which will quite literally cut your string like a knife over time, especially with frequent palm muting. Took it into the local shop and had it looked at, he plopped it down on his bench, filed down the saddle a bit, and lubed it with graphite.

Gig tonight, two day old strings (although thoroughly stretched and warmed up), the moment of truth, Lord have mercy on my two most important strings.
I had a problem like that with my Schecter. I was using it for gigs, and it was my ONLY guitar at the time, so when the E popped, I'd have to just play through. I'm pretty fast at restringing though, so I'd be ready with a short break after the tune was over. It kept happening until I got fed up and did some filing. Smooth sailing after that, so you should be all good.