Music Banter - View Single Post - Some assistance please
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Key

Default Some assistance please

I have two different things that i'd like some feedback / opinions on in regards to equipment with my PC:

Request #1: I'm thinking of getting a new graphics card for my current set up, but I have no idea where to start. I have a pretty standard PC.

Specs: Intel Core i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ, 6GB RAM, 64-bit operating system.

I honestly have no idea what to look for or if that information is helpful in any way. I've done some small PC upgrades in the past, but graphics cards and RAM and all that i'm not too experienced on. So any help or recommendations there would be greatly appreciated.

Request #2: I'm looking for a way to be able to have my speakers and my headset plugged in at the same time. They both have the cables that go into the orange and green slots in the back of my computer. Don't remember the proper name at the top of my head, but it looks like this:

A friend of mine has recommended to get something that I could plug both my headset and my speakers into, than plug whatever that is into the PC. He says it'll allow me to switch between the two with ease. I'm not really sure what that "thing" is or even how to look it up.

Thanks guys. Hopefully this was easy to read and hopefully I could get some help in these two areas.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote