Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Radiohead Albums
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Plainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
king of limbs sucked so much dick.
Alright, but what made you think that? It's one of their more experimental offerings, less tangible, less memorable individual compositions even than their other stuff, but it has a really atmospheric, interesting, organic sound that really carries it. One of the most experimental things they've done to date, and it's an album that is really distinct, it doesn't sound like anything else in their discography. The FlyLo inspiration on Thom's part is there, certainly, but the textures and layers of sound are brilliant and subtle. I tend to listen to it in bed and it's perfect. Bloom, Little by Little, Lotus Flower, Codex, Give up the Ghost and Separator are all cracking. The only song that doesn't do it for me is Mr Magpie, but regardless, I think it's a really good album.
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote