Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you find being called "black" offensive?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #147 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And how would you propose to motivate unpaid workers? Huh? Don't judge till you've walked a mile in their shoes.
someone in my class was trying to sound compassionate by explaining that if he were a slavemaster back in the day he wouldn't beat his slaves, he'd basically treat them like workers he paid with food and housing. on some uncle tom's cabin ****. it was one of those amusingly awkward white guilt moments.

i pressured him a bit and started asking him what he would do if his slaves decided they wanted to leave his property and go pursue a life of freedom. but he was too stubborn to be moved. so i kept pressuring him to beat his imaginary slaves or at least question his certainty in what kind of morals he would have if he were born in a different place and time with different social pressures and influences shaping his perspective of right vs wrong behavior.

my teacher was a black dude with a decent sense of humor and he ended the back and forth by interjecting "well, all already know what brandon (me) would do."
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote