Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #18290 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

Quote:
I really hope your situation as it is today doesn't completely destroy your view of yourself for the rest of your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
same.

nothing will ever change.

you'll just hate yourself less every once in a while.

the socially appropriate thing to do is be like "you're special and amazing and I love you and you can do anything you wanna do because you're young and special and special and SPECIAL AND SPECIAL!" but

that's bullshit.

and it's stupid to lie to young people.
You just contradicted yourself so hard hun.

That point of view is bull**** to me. You should feel special. You should absolutely believe that you are special.

The first quote was nice, and then you go off to say that he will 100% hate himself forever, maybe a little less now and then. I don't know how people even avoid suicide when they don't even think they are worthwhile or special. Believing in myself and viewing myself as intelligent and special and worthwhile is hands down the ONLY reason I'm not dead. The fact that you referenced that as a stupid lie really puts me off.

Everyone should feel special. You shouldn't even imply that someone should feel special and you should never tell a depressed eighteen year old some washed up jaded bull****. You should never force your pessimistic views onto someone. It's fine if you manage to live feeling sorry for yourself but it's not healthy and it's a ****ty thing to project that unhealthy mindset onto other people just because you can't overcome it tbh.

Maybe you were joking idk but that rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm so tired of people who feel sad and pathetic feeling the need to infect everyone around them with their unending, unapologetic sadness. It's like emotional terrorism, like making other people miserable somehow validates their pathetic life.

"There's nothing wrong with me, it's just the way the world is."

Wrong. There's something wrong with you.

Last edited by grtwhtgrvty; 02-23-2015 at 12:56 AM.
grtwhtgrvty is offline   Reply With Quote