Music Banter - View Single Post - Oscar Nominations / Predictions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Also pretty satisfied with last nights results.

I'm stoked that they opened the show with J.K. Simmons winning Best Supporting Actor, I've been waiting to see that happen. Great to see Whiplash winning 3 Oscars, although I'm very surprised that it beat out Boyhood and Grand Budapest in Film Editing. I was rooting for Birdman for Best Picture (very tough competition this year) so I wasn't too surprised that it won, after all it's a film about the film industry voted upon by the film industry. I love seeing a devotion to practical effects pay off and triumph over CGI (Interstellar). I was surprised that Julianne Moore beat Rosalind Pike in Best Leading Actress but Julianne Moore is a damn good actress anyway, I didn't see the film she was nominated for so I don't know. I was rooting for Michael Keaton as Best Leading Actor but it was pretty obvious that Eddie Redmayne was going to scoop it, and I think he deserved it, regardless of how mediocre the rest of Theory of Everything was. I'm glad Alejandro won Best Director and do believe he deserves it, he gets so much out of his actors and his recent films have been incredible. I can't wait for his upcoming revenge western The Revenant (with Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy).

Onward to 2015.
Incoming Mad Max.
Incoming The Revenant.
Incoming Hateful Eight.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote