Music Banter - View Single Post - Some suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
Dunno, either an active mod to keep on top of the posts that need to be approved or have members with high post counts not need approval for their posts.
At one point this was a problem, but in recent times posts have been approved very speedily. I did once offer to be a sort of semi-mod, with responsibility for only the journals, but my girl turned me down. I do however agree; after you've earned the trust it should be possible to approve your own posts, but I think the system is set up that it's either need to approve all or need to approve none, and were they to change to the latter it would be party time for all the little spammers, so I'm happy with it as it is.
Quote:

I know but how often do you check your CP? It's not the same as a PM showing straight away.
This is also true. I seldom go into my CP unless maybe changing my usertitle or location, or maybe avatar (though I don't need to go into it to do that as I send the request via the thread) and have on occasion seen VMs that have been there for weeks, even months. I had no idea they were there. I think if it's important, stick to PMs.