Music Banter - View Single Post - If You Want To Know Why The Spill Your Guts Thread Was Closed Read On
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default If You Want To Know Why The Spill Your Guts Thread Was Closed Read On

I have closed it permanently this time and I make no apologies for it.

Now you can bitch and whine about it or make jokes at my expense about how I always close everything I really don't care. But there are one or two things you need to know.

We are just one of many forums owned by the same company. These other forums are much more strictly moderated than we are. We've been left alone to our own devices for the simple reason we've moderated ourselves without them having to step in and tell us what to do.

The way the Lounge has been going the past year is going to jeopardise that trust if things get any worse and people cannot moderate themselves sufficiently. Does every thread really have to be filled with childish insults and 20 pages of off topic garbage? You have the shoutbox, you have chatrooms use those. Even the Lounge used to have some standards at one time.

This is the first warning we have had from the owners to get ourselves in order. Just go and look at the last few pages of the Spill Your Guts thread and read the rubbish in it. And if any of the people who posted in that thread are proud of it you should leave because you're not wanted here. You really have reached a new forum low.

Do something about it yourself before making someone else do it for you.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.