Music Banter - View Single Post - The MB Film Club: 'Sound of Noise' Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Default The MB Film Club: 'Sound of Noise' Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Okay. Last one was slightly better than previous, but I'm worried that was just because it's a light hearted film that didn;t require proper analysis. This one should show that. Please try and contribute this time, guys. The fact this hasn't been too successful is probably why I haven't been sticking to deadlines. I'm losing interest. So many of you are knowledgeable about film, and expressed interest in the idea. This pick (from Frownland!) is an interesting choice (it's Frownland after all!). A film I know nothing about, but with a plot summary that instantly piques my interest.

'A tone-deaf cop works to track down a group of guerilla percussionists whose anarchic public performances are terrorizing the city.'

Sound of Noise (2010)
Directors: Ola Simonsson, Johannes Stjärne Nilsson
Stars: Sanna Persson, Magnus Börjeson, Johannes Björk
Here's some criticism to start us off. I've not seen the film yet but plan on watching it tonight, pretty excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dewitt (The New York Times)
"Sound of Noise" is a dry treat - a solid, self-aware cult pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schwartz (Ozus' World Movie Reviews)
It never achieves much coherence when it tries for more than slapstick comedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjorie Baumgarten (Austin Chronicle)
The film's joke is kind of one-note, although it maintains an exhilarating beat throughout. If Sound of Noise is the rhythm of the new city symphony, play on.
James is offline   Reply With Quote