Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #758 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Oh so you were in a mental institution, huh? It's all coming together now.
No I've never been admitted to a hospital. I was abused, physically and emotionally my entire chlidhood from the age of 4 by my mother who suffers from a multitude of disorders herself. I haven't spoken to her in years because she told me she didn't love me and then left. I essentially don't have a mom.

Quote:
Yes, people committed suicide all the time back then. The most popular reason was that if you screwed up, your family could be held accountable for your actions and executed. If you committed seppuku, legally nobody could touch your family without expecting punishment. It was a valid choice that people made, and someone doesn't have to be mentally ill to want to protect their family, no matter the cost.
But living in such a traumatizing, extreme society isn't comparable even remotely to modern times. Back in ancient times rape and pillaging was normal and people believed the world was flat, but that doesn't validate. I see your point, but I don't think that the psychology and mentality of that time period applies to contemporary society. it was simply a different world -- a different mindset. also, did they really have a choice? Obviously you're going to protect your family anyway you can. That's a good point, but I don't think that it applies.

Also, you can liken seppuku to cultural conditioning more than anything else. Obviously it's a choice that's made but it's too abstract to apply to contemporary society.

Quote:
You don't know what Satanism is, do you? It's a legitimate religion, and often has little to nothing to do with the worshiping satan (the "satan" in the name "satanism" is a metaphor for social taboos, and how they should be questioned. The figure of satan is something they admire, kind of like a patron saint, but they don't religiously worship him). The majority of Satanists are non-violent. Look up Aleister Crowley sometime.
The Satanic religion actually frowns heavily upon suicide. I've never once heard of it being a common theme in the religion. I'd like to see some sources on that because all the research I've done states heavily otherwise. The person that he linked was a metal artist who murdered someone and then killed himself. He was clearly a psychopath because he murdered a stranger. It wasn't relevant. The wiki article that you linked.. I searched and there's not even a single instance of the word suicide.

Quote:
That only works if what Chula posted was incorrect. And all he posted were actual scientific examples of the roots of suicidal tendencies, and a valid definition of suicide. And instead of actually reading them, you insulted him for bringing up scientific sources.

Hell, if you want an example of someone choosing to end their life, you don't even have to leave the website. http://www.musicbanter.com/current-e...-her-life.html
I'm done explaining why it was ironic. That's so irrelevant and semantical at this point I just don't care.