Music Banter - View Single Post - Of Gods and Men: Trollheart's Journal of Mythology and Legend
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Ah, change of plans. Again. I started running through a description of the Norse gods and got, well, really bored with it, and if I'm bored, imagine what effect that's going to have on anyone reading! So I played around with a few ideas, and this is what I came up with.

After a few stalled efforts, I’ve decided to approach this in the way that hopefully will provide a decent update each post and also allow anyone reading to have the best chance of seeing something they may be interested in. So rather than focusing on one figure per post, this is my new plan.

Each post (I should say each update, as they may take more than one post) will contain one major and one minor figure from both Greek and Norse mythology, as I both believe them to be the most popular and important mythologies, and happen to like them both best. Then there will be a record of an event, from any mythology, like a battle, quest, discovery, wedding, whatever, or possibly focusing on an item - magic ring, sword, helmet, something lost, regained, manufactured, stolen etc. Then a story from a mythology of my choice other than Greek or Norse, and finally something from the “grab bag”: a totally random story from a totally random mythology.

Oh, and to ensure nobody thinks my own personal bias has gone anywhere, and to prove it’s alive and well and as active as ever, I’ll ensure each update contains a story from the mythology of my own heritage, Celtic. Not necessarily always Irish, but if not then Scottish or Welsh. That’s a fair bit to read, and will hopefully cover a lot of ground each update.

Last edited by Trollheart; 11-29-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote