Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is Your Favorite Pop Song Or Artist?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #45 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
So I was cleaning out some old stuff in my storage boxes yesterday. I found a Yaz disc and a few Alison Moyet solo albums. She has one of the most powerful and touching voices ever. I forgot how engrossing good pop music can be.

^ That is one creepy video!!

I remember really liking Yaz's "Only You" song when it came out...and I still do. That's a nice storage box find!

The funny thing is, all these years I thought the main singer was a man, and I only learned I was wrong last year or so when I finally felt inspired due to MB to watch a Youtube video of the song.

Alison Moyet's voice has this low quality such that when I hear it, I could go either way with her gender. I believe I like the song more when I imagine that a man is singing it because then its romantic elements seem even more sweet to me.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote