Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is Your Favorite Pop Song Or Artist?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Alison Moyet does have a wonderful, unique, warm voice.

Your mentioning her solo career made me realize she has one (and I should have imagined she did, but I didn't think about it). And after googling her, I found out she is still singing.

I just listened to a new song by Alison Moyet - "Changeling" - and am impressed and interested because her song so clearly shows changes in her musical style. Also, I was startled to see how slender she has become. I probably wouldn't have recognized her, if I hadn't known she is the singer:

Alison Moyet - "Changeling"
I like her modernized sound.

Her older cover of "Cry Me A River" is excellent, I feel, and showcases her velvety, sultry voice:

Finally, I like this 2013 interview with Alison Moyet (below) because she describes changes that she has experienced in her life and music, as well as her perspective on her career.

I like how she mentions that her voice has changed...not so much her *singing* voice, but rather the sort of topics, style, and meaning of songs that she wants to sing. She says she can't sing "Invisible" anymore because she no longer resonates with the bleating/moaning quality of it; she can't engage with it anymore. (I love how she says, "Oh bloody hell!") Alison Moyet sounds like a strong, grounded, intelligent person, and this interview makes me admire her as a musican and person even more:

She really has transformed both physically and emotionally. It really shows in her music also. I've heard the changeling and enjoyed it. Cry me a River is a wonderful song and she did do it justice. I've always enjoyed her take on music and she is truly a very good human which in this day and age is all the more admirable in music.