Music Banter - View Single Post - Can/ which current MC's can become legends?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I think the words legend and icon are terms that are thrown around to loosely. It takes much more to achieve those things imo.
I know, we've been through this many a time. I'm well aware of your impossibly high standards of defining what an icon or legend, but somehow not strict enough to let Janet Jackson in. We just have a fundamental disagreement on how to define a legend I guess. I think of people who make big waves in the music world and have good music behind it (because sometimes they don't, especially looking back at their contemporaries). That's why I consider them as potentially legendary in the musical world.

You'll notice in my post that I prefaced that both Aesop Rock and El-P will probably be considered legendary in underground circles. This doesn't make them legends in everyone's eyes because a lot of people haven't even heard of them, but I think that they've made enough of an impact to fit my criteria.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote