Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #384 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Just an update on how my list stands. Only the albums still to be reviewed are featured below. For the full list, including those I have already looked into, see here http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...ml#post1490405

PIL --- Metal box
Moby --- Play
Bob Dylan --- Blood on the tracks
Michael Jackson --- Thriller (I've decided not to bother with this, as really there are only about three tracks on it that I don't know, so it kind of goes against the spirit of what I'm trying to do here. I also looked at Bad, but same thing really. So I think I'll just pass on Jackson; his music is too mainstream and commercial for me not to really have heard, in one way or another, his albums regarded as classics)
Metallica --- Master of puppets (After Metal Month and Metal Month II I have now listened to a few Metallica albums. Are there any “classic” ones left? I've listened to Ride the lightning, The Black Album, Kill 'em all and Master of Puppets.)
Funkadelic --- Maggot brain
Talking Heads --- Remain in Light
Arcade Fire --- Funeral
Sonic Youth --- Daydream Nation
Wilco --- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Can --- Tago mago (This will be reviewed, but I checked it out and it's a long double album. At the moment I don't have time to review long double albums)
Gang of Four --- Entertainment!
Pavement -- Crooked rain, crooked rain

If anyone wants to suggest additions go ahead, but remember it's up to me as to whether I accept them or not.
I'd suggest a different Pavement album. Wowee Zowee is my personal favorite, and their debut, Slanted & Enchanted, is what most people consider their best. CRCR is good but doesn't really measure up to those two IMO, and the debut is a more "important" album also.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote