Music Banter - View Single Post - Can/ which current MC's can become legends?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #50 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I agree with all that on Kanye. You don't have to like someone nor do they have to be incredibly innovative to be considered legends. I'm honored that you were nice enough to pull a straw man argument on me though.

He has not innovated anything to the rap genre, how is this a straw man argument?

The fact that he is an ******* also makes my argument a strawman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
MJ made his music based off of standards that were already very common in Pop music. By your standards (sans the bias of course) Michael Jackson is not innovative, a statement that I somewhat agree with. You should try to look at the situation without the fan girl or hater glasses distorting your opinion.
This is not accurate. What he did with music videos was not being done before his time. He made music videos into an art form.

He is an innovator and any non MJ fan walking down the street will say the same thing.

His concerts and performance were innovative as well and were not done before his time.

These things might not relate to music directly but they are associated with music and were new ideas so its fair to call him an innovator.

Also, while I am not a big fan, The Beatles were innovative as well the only one out of that bunch that is a fraud is Elvis Presley. He has not innovated anything.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote