Music Banter - View Single Post - Genre Crisis - The Allman Brothers Dilemma / Southern Influence in Music
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Quality Cucumber
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
Oh god yes, that's certainly more heavy on the bluegrass than the blues but that kind of jam band format is certainly what I'm looking for, everyone is on display there, I'm definitely going to be digging into those guys. Thanks.
David Grisman covers a really wide range of styles, so maybe it would help if I pointed you to his material closer to your interests. The album that this comes from is basically Latin jazz:

Neon Tetra

These are more blues/ragtime based:

Peach Pickin' Time in Georgia

Beat Biscuit Blues

I only discovered him recently, so I'm not too familiar with his discography yet. He did stuff with Jerry Garcia, but most of what I've heard of that union is straight bluegrass.

You like virtuosity, blues jamming, and multi-instrumentalists? Some of Gentle Giant's output fits the bill.

Give this song a little while to get going:

Peel The Paint

Working All Day

Experience

This is a band made up of members of Deep Purple and Iron Butterfly, so it's basically psychedelic blues rock, proto metal. Lots of riffs, lots of prodigious music-making. Maybe not roots enough. Lemme no, k?

Captain Beyond
Quality Cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote