Music Banter - View Single Post - FCC Votes for Net Neutrality
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But I just can't see the government remaining neutral over internet freedom in the long run. Every time there's a hacking incident, or a pretty little white girl gets molested by a guy she met on the internet, I imagine there's an invisible noose that's going to get tighter and tighter. I don't necessarily see it as gov clandestinely trying to shut down free expression on the internet, but if you allow them any kind of power over it, eventually they're going to pass some kind of restriction that's never going to be lifted, and so on and so on until I can't even watch a thirty second clip from a movie on Youtube without getting sued.
I think you are overreacting. This was much more about the commerce aspect of things.

There has to be "some" level of control over the content available but we can't let big money decide what's going to free, what's going to cost a nickel, and what's going to cost a CC number.

The opposite of this ruling would have been devastating to the majority IMO.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote