Music Banter - View Single Post - The MB Film Club: 'Sound of Noise' Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

That was fun.

This 2010 film from Sweden tells the story of six musical "terrorists" and the tone deaf detective in charge of stopping them. I've been meaning to watch this for a while now but always just felt out of the mood to watch a film like this. Honestly, I thought there wasn't going to be much talking. I kind of imagined what I thought the film would look and sound like in my head and put it off until I was ready for what I thought I was going to watch.

That's f*cking stupid.

This film is nothing like that. It's far from a masterpiece but it certainly is a fun, unique, and witty cat and mouse game that relies heavily on the crazy musical numbers designed to create chaos in the city. Obviously, these musical numbers appeal to us. They're all percussion numbers, and even though each one of them is a bit ridiculous, they're still fun to watch. The film is also very funny in parts. The introductions to the drummers being my favorite part of the movie, especially the guy who played drums in the orchestra.

Fun film. The movie definitely had some harder themes on conformity and stuff like getting out there and making your own chaos, but I feel they undermine what the film is, funny, fun, and badass to listen to.

3.5/5

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote