Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #567 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mushroom View Post
Welp, I have a cheapo Teisco ET-210n that I picked up at a Pawn Shop for $40. I love the feel, tone and everything about it.

Only problem is my high e strings keep breaking. It's always the same. They'll be on for a few days, and I'll be playing (not even on the high e) and then bam, the high e string breaks at the ball end. (literally the ball snaps off, the rest of the string is completely intact)

I have no idea what the problem is. I want to say it's my cheapness in buying really cheap Fender strings, but I have them on all my electric guitars and none of them experience this problem, even if I bend the high e string as far as it will go. Something probably needs filed down?

I'm just so confused here. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

(p.s. wasn't sure if this warranted a new thread or not so I just posted it here to be safe.)
Nah, that's a weirdly common thing on some models of guitars that no one is really sure about. It happens on Fender offset guitars like the Jaguar and Jazzmaster as well, it's a problem that no one knows the answer to. The solution is to solder the ball end of the string, and that has kept it for me (I own a fender Jaguar, so I know this problem well).

This is just a guess, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with imperfections of the bridge or nut, but how the tension is distributed across all of the strings, pretty much a design flaw.

edit: I have noticed that some of my various e-strings I've bought have lasted longer than others (unsoldered), one that lasted until I changed the strings was some .11 gauge string I bought in bulk, wish I remembered the brand or where I stuck the rest of them.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote