Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

So, yeah. Aliens. What can I say? I'm writing this as I go, and all of these Hi-NRG sound effects seriously remind me of outer space. Anyway, it's about time that I wrote another entry...

Chapter Seven

The club was a blood-stained mess by the time that the fight had ended. Almost all of the Blue Shirts had run back to their territory by then, although a few weren't able to escape. Ricardo had grabbed hold of one of the stragglers and began to punch the unlucky Blue Shirt repeatedly. However, as the Blue Shirt became increasingly unresponsive to his attacks, Ricardo relaxed his grip and let him fall to the floor. He took a few deep breaths and scanned the scene, all while wiping away the blood from a cut on his shoulder. "You know," said Cleo as she walked up and stood beside him, "I think we just knocked out half the city." Ricardo looked back at her, surprised to see that she had stuck around through the chaos, and laughed as he nodded. "Yeah, seems like it. They really brought an army this time." Cleo looked around at the destroyed club and noticed a bottle of beer on the floor. The neck was broken off, but it still had a small amount of liquor in the bottom. She shrugged, picked it up, and took a drink. After finishing it off, she threw the broken bottle to the side, and asked "So, do you know why these guys came after you tonight?" Ricardo nodded. "Yeah. Earlier, John and I bopped with a few of their..." spoke Ricardo, however he stopped talking as he looked around the club as if searching for something. He wiped the sweat from his brow and asked "Hey, have you seen John anywhere?" Cleo shrugged and shook her head, before taking a look around. "I've got no clue," she said. Ricardo sighed as he helped a wounded Red Sleeve off of the floor, saying "It's all good. I'm sure he's fine."

John was a scout by nature, always cautious and observant. While Ricardo and the Red Sleeves were busy fighting for their lives, he had noticed the leader of the Blue Shirt army fleeing out the back door, and resolved to follow him. It was when Luke fell to the ground in the alleyway that John decided to approach him and finish him off. However, before he could make his move, a blinding light flashed through the alleyway, and John scrambled back towards cover as he assessed the situation. Of course, he could hardly believe his eyes when he saw what appeared to be aliens standing before him. He watched them as they conversed with Luke, and though he was in disbelief he still resolved to hold a calm sense of caution. When one of the aliens shot a glance towards him, he quietly fell back behind his cover. Though he wasn't sure if he'd been spotted, and he still wasn't exactly clear on what he'd seen, he decided to return to the club as quickly as possible.

John arrived back at the club, and saw the Red Sleeves celebrating with drinks and tired laughs. Ricardo spotted him and yelled out his name as he walked towards him. Just then, all of the lights came on as the last song of the night came to an end, and the DJ walked out from behind his turntable as if nothing had happened. "John, where were you? You didn't run away from the fight, did you?" asked Ricardo as he laughed and punched John's arm. John looked around nervously, saying "No, I stuck around for awhile. Damn near almost got killed up at the entrance. Anyway, I saw the leader of the pack trying to slip out, so I followed him." "And?" asked Ricardo expectantly. John looked at him for a moment, before blinking and looking away. "He got away." Ricardo turned towards the DJ and yelled "Night, Terrence!", before looking back towards John and asking "No way in hell he gave you the slip. So, what, did some reinforcements bail his ass out or somethin'?" John nodded and said "Yeah, something like that." Ricardo yawned as he stretched out his arms, and said "I'm sure they'll be back, and you can finish him off then. Anyway, do you know what time it is? I've got that thing tomorrow morning..." John shook his head and rubbed a bruise on his cheek. Cleo looked around, and noticed that one of the men unconscious on the floor was wearing a watch. She lifted up his wrist, and said "It's... about three."

"Alright, i'm done for tonight," said Ricardo as he walked for the door. "Yeah, me too. I need to lie down for awhile," said John. "Seeya," said Cleo. After a few steps, Ricardo turned towards her and asked "Hey, you're a writer, right?" She nodded. He smiled and said "I'll keep an eye out for your work, then. You can bet that I'll be reading it." She laughed, thinking about the nature of her writing, and replied "I'm sure you will." Before leaving the club, he turned towards her one final time and shouted "I had a good time tonight. You should come back sometime." "Yeah," she shouted back, "I might just." As John and Ricardo left, Cleo looked around for her notepad amidst the aftermath of the fight. Having found it, she walked towards the door, laughing to herself as she read the story she had written earlier.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 03-01-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote