Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #308 (permalink)
Key

#20: The Evpatoria Report - Prognoz

Coming from the album Golevka, The Evpatoria Report released songs like Cosmic Call and Prognoz along with many others. I have always found Prognoz to be one of the more defining moments on the album and for the band as a whole. I'll be honest, Golevka is the only album I am really familiar with from this band, but in my defense, they only have 3 albums, Maar beging the most recent one in 2008. I do wish they'd release more albums because songs like this are definitely one of the better ones you can find from them right now, but again, that's from the opinion of just hearing one album so far. I have always found their music to be a little bit more on the atmospheric post-rock side, while still keeping things technical and interesting. They do what most bands do where the songs will have a slow build up, but it's always worth it in the end. Admittedly, their songs tend to be more on the longer side, as this one comes in at 14 minutes already, but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't worth a listen.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote