Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you find being called "black" offensive?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #216 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
It is relevant if you are suggesting that it is term that should be used instead of "black"

It doesn't matter that it is scientific. White slave owners called Africans the n word because they thought it was scientific too. It doesn;t make it right.
If slave owners used the word that still doesn't take away from its neutral scientific use.

Quote:
You can not use that term to define physical attributes. I gave a perfect example for why you can not do that. So you insisting this still without any examples does not support your opinion much.
I did give you examples: white South Africans and Arab Egyptians. They're just as much from Africa as sub-Saharan Africans.

Quote:
She is spanish, period. She is not African American although she looks like she could pass for it, thats my point.
If she's purely Spanish then why does she look black? Does she not have African slave blood? And like I said, the Spanish also have black African blood in them from the Moors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
However, there are more races that run in my family and in my ancestry such as Caucasian and Native American

Thats my story.
So even calling yourself African American isn't entirely accurate. You're essentially denying your other ethnicities. If you can't use physical attributes to define race, then you are also both Caucasian and Native American.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote