Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you find being called "black" offensive?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #222 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If slave owners used the word that still doesn't take away from its neutral scientific use.
My point is it doesn't matter if its consider scientific or politically correct, its an ignorant and racist term, period. It should not be used nor should it come out your mouth.

Quote:
I did give you examples: white South Africans and Arab Egyptians. They're just as much from Africa as sub-Saharan Africans.
I am not sure what point you are trying to make. All I am saying is you can not go strictly off of physical traits or attributes in determining someones race, thats it.

Quote:
If she's purely Spanish then why does she look black? Does she not have African slave blood? And like I said, the Spanish also have black African blood in them from the Moors.
She has two Dominican parents. She is not bi-racial. You are talking about ancestry which is not the same.

She is still Dominican, she is not black.

Quote:
So even calling yourself African American isn't entirely accurate. You're essentially denying your other ethnicities. If you can't use physical attributes to define race, then you are also both Caucasian and Native American.
Dont tell me what I am!

I am African American.

I have two African American parents regardless of what is in my ancestry. I am not bi-racial.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote