Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you find being called "black" offensive?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #349 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
You argued quite strongly that it was not a racial slur.
Yeah, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But it's not necessarily a racial slur. I think it's been replaced with "congoid", but I'm pretty sure that's purely a name change just so it doesn't sound offensive, and therefore means the exact same thing. If you want to interpret negroid as racist then I can't do anything about that, but that doesn't mean you get to judge others for not sharing your particular views on language.
Notice my word choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So if it's not racist then it's still potentially a perfectly valid scientific term. So why shouldn't it be usable? Lot's of things about science offend people, but that doesn't mean that it should bow to social pressure.
Clearly referencing it as a scientific term and not commenting on its different historical usages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Negroid is a racial slur. I really hope and pray the Batlord was joking with that....
Oh look. You're conveniently denying that it's a scientific term. Unless of course you're just not communicating clearly your intent with specific word choices.

Quit putting words into my mouth in order to discredit my moral integrity and ignoring all the times when I made clear that I wasn't speaking of its non-scientific usages. That's called an "ad hominem" logical fallacy and it's bull****.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote