Music Banter - View Single Post - If you were a serial killer...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
Ted Bundy had a bright future ahead of him, and he was practically a genius. He had a tight grip on vocabulary, and really knew how to talk to people, knew just what to say to make an impression. He had a smile to die for (hehehheh). It's sad that he chose to do what he had done. It's really such a waste of a brilliant mind.
I don't know if "chose" is quite the right word. He was clearly not insane in the sense that his brain wasn't functioning as it was designed to, but his compulsions were clearly out of his control to an extent. I mean, if you're on the run and trying to avoid drawing the attention of police, you don't attack a Sorority house, then move on to a private home, then try to pick up a kid, all in one night (or at least a whatever very short time period it was). He clearly wasn't in control of his impulses at that point, whether or not he had any desire to be.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote