Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2015 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default The "Warriors"

First up are the "Warriors." These are two songs from Malta and Georgia, both titled "Warrior," and both surprisingly un-warrioresque.

First I'll give you AMBER's entry from Malta. Not a bad pop ballad over all, but it's fairly forgettable. Still, I expect it to pass the semi-final stage and earn a spot in the Final on May 23rd. The singer is an example of the common Eurovision syndrome which is, emulate a famous pop star (in this case, Adele) and insert a key change. People will LOVE you.

Georgia's Warrior is more upbeat and fun, but her voice is extremely annoying. And I'm not 100% sure but maybe there is some Georgian language in this song? Or her English pronunciation just sucks big time.

This song might qualify for the Final solely on its power as a non-ballad. A LOT of ballads are being sent this year, much to my chagrin. At least it has the dubsteppy intro and a little ethnic sing-moaning!

Needless to say, these two songs are really at the bottom of the list for me. Generic and boring, but who knows, live TV can change everything...
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote