Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #11314 (permalink)
Overcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Well **** me, TH recommended something that I actually like! No offense man, but I generally think you listen to garbage, but this is really great. Will for sure be listening.

If you like this, BE SURE to check out their other albums. Also, the Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble is another band in a similar vein. Please, listen as soon as possible.
I checked them out last night and also dug further into Bohren & der Club of Gore. Great stuff. Thanks for the recs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
At last, someone else who knows this album exists I love this album as well; it's been on near-constant rotation with me for years.

Definitely. Here Be Dragons is an absolutely top drawer album. Shadows of the Sun by Ulver's another one to keep an ear peeled for as well, although it's a bit more vocal-heavy. If you find yourself looking for something that's still got that dark atmosphere but leans a lot closer to nu jazz, Electronique Noire by Eivind Aarset's probably worth a pop too.
I thought Ulver was a metal band, but funnily enough I planned on checking them out this exact day. I'll check out Eivind Aarset as well. Thanks for the recs.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote