Music Banter - View Single Post - Please sign this to prevent a man being executed for voicing his opinion...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It's about signing their petition, which will then be handed to the German ambassador or someone (don't ask me why Germany, who knows?); the point is you register and then that signs the petition, which strengthens the guy's case. You should at least read it.
i feel sorta bad now that i vocalized the fact that i'm not gonna sign it. perhaps i should've kept that to myself. i understand it's a petition but basically my rationale is that there's always a chance that i'll get inadvertently put on some spam list by giving my email over and even though that's a pretty petty and insignificant risk, it's enough to deter me from taking on the minor hassle of going through the motions of signing it knowing that in all likelihood my signature is not going to make or break this petition and thus it really makes no practical difference if i sign it or not. it would be more of a symbolic gesture that would only affect me insomuch as i bought into the symbolic significance... which unfortunately doesn't do much for me

you might respond that if everyone thought this way then that would make an actual difference, which is true, but in any case it doesn't matter since my decision to sign or not sign won't be likely to have any or much affect on the likelihood of others to sign. so statistically i really have no incentive to do so.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote