Music Banter - View Single Post - Why don't the current mainstream pop stars care about social issues?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #136 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
But it sounds quite a bit like you're saying that if an artist doesn't make music that reflects all of their passions then those other passions don't exist at all, which is quite clearly bull****. A director can make all of their films about aliens and be passionate about animal rights. That director's art doesn't negate that.

And do you think it might be possible that some artists aren't willing to alienate audience members by getting all preachy? Or that they may not be able to write a good song outside of a certain style they're familiar with and can't write a good song about one of their passions? I know you like to look at the modern music world through a blindfold but your leaving out a multitude of factors by saying 'well they don't make music about it so I guess they just don't care about it.'
Boo Boo thats not what I am saying at all. Boo why so angry? What I'm saying is an artist creates regardless whether they are discussing something of substance or not. An artist imo is someone who is actively involved in the direction of their music, involve in songwriter and production etc. This is why I said an artist gives a piece of themselves or who they are in their work (regardless). The pop stars out now are not true artists in that respect because they are representing corporations and labels which is why I asked why labels are not interested in touching social issues in songs.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote