Music Banter - View Single Post - Why don't the current mainstream pop stars care about social issues?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #151 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I was referring to this statement that you made when I gave you examples of artists speaking out about Ferguson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I am talking about when **** hit the fan in August. I am not talking about when they decided to given their two cents when it was "safe" or "politically correct" too.

I will exclude Rihanna because she did tweet during the actual Protests.. but Jay, Beyawnce and all them other folk SMH
Now go read the definition of no true Scotsman again. And as far as you trying to turn the tables:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Killer Mike's not exactly a pop star but he is still very popular and he was pretty much the voice of the hip hop community during those times, so I'll assume that you didn't actually look at any of the articles I posted.
Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't exacly call Killer Mike an unknown artist just because you don't know about him. I didn't know about Bieber until about two years into his career (yes, it was comfy under my rock), that doesn't make him unknown just because I didn't know about him.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote