Music Banter - View Single Post - Why don't the current mainstream pop stars care about social issues?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #169 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

I never suggested that music was the only source that could make "social change." However, it certainly can be a tool to expose and discuss issues that affect people. I don't see what is so wrong with talking about this issue. In talking about this issue doesn't mean I am suggesting that pop stars are the problems and not "us- the people." However, I think we all work collectively in this world in "the problem." It's not just one set of people or one singular thing that is at fault. In my opinion, music plays a role in this as well. I don't see anything wrong with discussing how music also plays a role in some of the social problems we experience as a society. Of course there are more important things to talk about and probably more important factors that need to be take into consideration in this conversation but since this is a music discussion board I don't see the harm in discussing how the role of music is a factor in this as well.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote