Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #223 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yes. Those people are ****s too.

What do you dislike about our immigration policies? I think the rise of nationalism and xenophobia in the country right now is extremely worrying. I don't think the current set up is as damaging as the media make it out to be.
i don't care about your immigration policy since i don't live there. i just see a bunch of people getting pissed off about it. and yea a lot of it is tribalism but guess what.. that's human nature. so i would take that as a negative impact of the immigration policy really.

the difference in outcomes is mostly a matter of geography more than policy though tbh. you have a small island and you live in relatively close proximity to a lot of impoverished nations. it's great to be humanitarian but at the same time simple math tells you that if you just open the floodgates to anyone and everyone then you'll import a good deal of poverty, and then with regards to the tribal/cultural aspect you are also importing new sources of social tension. but yea, like i said i don't live there so i don't care. just seems like common sense to me.

honestly we have the same kind of xenophobia and tribalism in our country because white people are paranoid about becoming the minority. i find that kind of hilarious tbh. but the key difference is we have a pretty good deal of land and natural resources to work with . so honestly we can import poverty and turn it into growth over time. i dunno to what extent you guys really have the capacity to do that though.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote