Music Banter - View Single Post - 'hip hop is gay right now,' reports legendary/washed up rapper sticky fingaz of onyx
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #33 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
yes but i think the old version was better. you can call it evolution if you like. but its still based on posturing

drake is not shy when it comes to posturing

he just does it in a less masculine way

basically taking the same idea but marketing it more to females
Drake brags an insane amount, especially on his new release. I'd just rather hear a rapper brag about how successful and talented they are, rather than the fact they are tough and straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
james tell me what you think of that onyx track i posted, i'm curious to hear your thoughts
I like it. Dudes go hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I would say it's still very much about posturing. I'm having a hard time thinking of any modern hip hop that doesn't include at least a little posturing, even among artists I like.
It's still everywhere yeah, but not as much. I was kind of speaking specifically about the macho bull****, while modern hip hop is still competitive in nature I think rappers have found other ways in which they are better than everyone else.
It's not like I don't love some of these artists either, I try to keep art and politics seperate, but it's still nice seeing some change.
James is offline   Reply With Quote