Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #7227 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Wait, puerto rico isn't covered as a United States entity? That's absurd.

I don't want this to devolve into a discussion of DRM but I seriously don't get why intellectual property rights don't apply everywhere in the world. If you can clearly show that something is yours, and a government agency (like the patent office) produces the documentation to prove that it is indeed yours, who the **** is anybody to not accept that and release it in that country/territory/ect. (provided there's no other obstacles).

I'd be far more tolerable of aggressive DRM if we didn't have region locking and intellectual property rights applied everywhere in the world. Societal advancements (yes, Pong was a monumental human achievement), should be made available to everyone (not the same thing as getting it for free) so we can all bask in the glory of human achievement.

And getting credit for what you made (and getting an appropriate monetary compensation) is one thing, but stop demanding everybody acknowledge it as yours every time your product is used. Also if everybody could stop stealing at every conceivable opportunity that'd be great too.

I'm stepping off my (tangential) soapbox now.

Carry on.
**** off. Internet piracy 4 teh win.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote