Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #320 (permalink)
Key

"This album is so good, I just need more of it."

Yeah, I think you know what i'm talking about. There are certain mornings or nights that come after the day that you just heard a new album from a favorite artist of yours, and even though you know you enjoyed the album you listened to, you feel as though you need to listen to it again. It sort of leaves a pain in your brain until you do it. I'm of course feeling that way with The Rifts by A Swarm of The Sun. Honestly, it has been a very long time since i've heard a post-rock/metal album like this that really just left me speechless at the end. The difference with this post as opposed to when I talked about it last night is that I have listened to the album in it's entirety twice now, and I gotta say, as high as my expectations were for this album, the guys in the group exceeded expectations. Every time I come here to post something for post-rock month, i'm finding myself going to the page where I posted the song above and I just listen to it in full, then I proceed to listen to the whole album, again, and again, and again, and again.

It really is a remarkable release and it definitely makes the wait worth it. I mean...they us wait 5 years since they released Zenith. I like to think they're sort of having the same impressive reaction that Tool does for me. You know, when they take a long time to release new music, but the wait is usually worth it since the album sounds like they took the 5 or so years to make the album perfect. I feel as though A Swarm of The Sun are doing the same thing, and they are doing it extremely well. I'm seeing a bright future for these guys just judging by the 2 studio albums they have in their collection now.

After all is said and done, i've found myself going back to this track a lot more than the others:

It's a rarity for me to post two consecutive posts in a row about the same album, and although I see myself talking about this album more in the future, it's definitely an album you don't want to miss out on. And I mentioned before that it may be in my top 10 of the year, well...it's in my top 5 of the year for sure. Don't know exactly where it stands right now, but it's definitely in the top 5.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote