Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #321 (permalink)
Key

A Swarm of The Sun - The King of Everything (EP: 2007)

Yeah, it's some more A Swarm of The Sun, but I was caught by surprise once again. When I did a search for the new album by them, I seem to have completely overlooked the EP they released in 2007 titled "The King of Everything". It's obviously got some tracks that I have heard before but it's got some that I haven't heard yet, and that's always a treat.

I'll say it right now before I forget: This EP starts off strong, and ends on a strong foot, making it another fantastic album to add to my collection under their name. If I had realized that this EP existed before listening to the other albums, I would've been as happy as I was when I first listened to Zenith. Especially since this EP has one of my all time favorite tracks by this band as the first song:

...the only difference in this version is that it has a little bit extra added to the intro, which I would've been happy if they had kept it in, it sounds awesome.

In terms of how this EP sounds, it sounds amazing. If you're looking for a quick couple tracks to get you to see if you like this band or not, they hit this one out of the ballpark which obviously bled into future albums. After listening to this EP, this officially means that I haven't listened to an album by A Swarm of The Sun that I haven't liked. I've been looking for more bands in this genre that have been releasing consistently great albums, and this is added to the list.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote