Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #280 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Regardless we shouldn't be using oil period. It's terrible for the environment, and protecting the planet we live on by ceasing all usage of fossil fuels is definetely an issue of the same magnitude as the education of future generations.

It's a hard, honest truth IMO.
it's such a vague comparison that it's hard to say

i mean yea global warming is a problem

but wtf is to be done about it? new engineering for transportation? that brings you right back to funding research. which in part relies on education so there's people around qualified to do the research.

but i'm really not sure what the specific issue with education is. i have heard a lot of grievances but not many firm solutions. do you guys think the problem is just a lack of funding or what... because the amount of money that gets poured into schools is pretty massive. i think the system is just really poorly administered... but i honestly don't have any solutions so i sort of leave it alone.

but as for oil... point blank we need it right now to keep the ship afloat. even if you do fund research and aggressively try to transition the infrastructure to not rely on oil, this will be such a massive transition that for the time being oil is a top priority and that isn't changing anytime soon. so really that's why i'm not with the 'no blood for oil' camp. i honestly can't think of a better reason to spill blood.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote