Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #293 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I think it's one issue that can constantly be improved, and in most cases across the world improved drastically.
Kids shouldn't read great works of literature so they can quote dry chunks of analysis, they should read them because they teach them about life. The minute students aren't engaging with the material, something's went wrong.
it's funny cause when i was in high school and they'd make us read books/stories i always dreaded it. i would sparknote that **** every single time. i tried reading the books at first but they were so deathly boring that i couldn't handle it. the only book that school ever forced me to read that i enjoyed was animal farm.

lord of the flies... beowulf... anything shakespeare related... anything holocaust related... mango street.... shoot me in the ****ing face before forcing me to read this crap lol

then just as i graduated i ended up reading the grapes of wrath on my own in my spare time, cause i wanted to try to enjoy reading. and that book was amazing. and i wondered why they never bothered to force me to read it. and from there i learned about a bunch of classic books/authors that i enjoyed that would have been perfectly appropriate for school that were never even mentioned in my english classes.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote