Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #322 (permalink)
Key

Bands Worth Mentioning...

So, i've been talking a lot about a pretty specific amount of bands this month, but that's only because a lot of the albums I want to talk about are by some of the bands, however that doesn't mean there are a lot of other bands that are worth listening to. I've listened to my fair share of post-rock and i've been able to categorize the kind I like versus the kind I don't like. Here are some albums/bands that are worth mentioning for old times sake:

Joy Wants Eternity - You Who Pretend To Sleep (2007)

Joy Wants Eternity is an old favorite of mine. The album "You Who Pretend To Sleep" is the only one i'm familiar with. I remember really enjoying it a while back and I still do enjoy it. It's not much of a regular listen for me anymore, but it's still a great post-rock album.

Spoiler for video:

Caspian - Tertia (2007)

If you're looking for a bit more dark atmospheric instrumental post-rock, Caspian are definitely where you'd want to look. The only album i'm really really familiar with is "Tertia", although I have listened to their other releases before.. While it's a great album to listen to, I never really took too much from it to remember. Granted I had only heard it once before, and listening to a few tracks now, I may want to give it another listen. Definitely reminds me of I Hear Sirens, in a good way.

Spoiler for video:

Gifts From Enola - Loyal Eyes Betrayed The Mind (2006)

I'll be honest, Gifts From Enola were a band I sort of fell into and fell right back out of. Not to say that they're bad, but I never really found much about them that I really truly liked. A few of their albums are decent, and the one I think I liked the most out of them all was "Loyal Eyes Betrayed The Mind". I had heard this album back when I was first getting into post-rock, so that's probably more of a reason why I couldn't get into it. Again, just like the album I mentioned before, i'm finding some enjoyment out of it while I listen to it now.

Spoiler for video:
Key is offline   Reply With Quote