Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #326 (permalink)
Key

The Best Pessimist (ambient / post rock)
one man living the dream...

That's right. We've got a solo artist here. The Best Pessimist is a post-rock / ambient solo artist that goes by the name of Sergey Lunev. This man alone has released a total of five studio albums over the course of his career, and I will say it now, none of them are anything but amazing. This man alone has so much creativity and talent in his own mind, and it really shows itself through his music, better than some post-rock bands of 3 - 5 members.

One album I would love to mention is...

Love Is...

First off, that is some beautiful artwork for an album cover. Honestly, the minute I see it, all I want to do is fly away and listen to this music over and over again. The album itself is also fantastic. It's got a mixture of great beats and beautifully crafted ambient post rock that you just can't listen to it once. This is definitely one of the examples I like to use when I talk about albums where the tracks are layered perfectly so that each track is better than the next, which allows for a near perfect experience on your first listen. Spoken from experience, the music tends to get better and better the more you listen to it.

And keep in mind that this is one of five albums that he has, so if you see yourself getting bored of this one, you have four more to listen to, including...

I Just Want To Be Your Everything

and

To Whom It May Concern

Throughout those three albums that I mentioned, you'll still hear songs that will blow your mind. Nothing feels the same throughout every album. His creativity really does shine with each album that comes after the next. And if you're really craving some more, you can check out his two EP's: Two Against All, and Autumn Leaves, which again, and I apologize if I am repeating myself, are nothing short of amazing. Give this man a listen because I mean, you may as well right?
Key is offline   Reply With Quote