Music Banter - View Single Post - Female Emcees
Thread: Female Emcees
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

yea i like those songs to varying degrees tbh... but i will easily acknowledge all of those female emcees are skilled and there are a few songs in there that i will actually listen to and enjoy.

but notice the one common factor in all of those female emcees? they all are pretty butch/manly. so i guess i sort of see them more a dudes.... but that's not pc. so i'll change my stance to i don't really rate most girly female rappers. this is what i meant by lauryn hill being the exception cause she doesn't necessarily come across as butch to me but she's still a good rapper.

but if you look at say nicki minaj i'd say she's relatively skilled lyrically... that's not why i don't rate her. it's just that she doesn't make the kind of music i like. she makes pop music basically and her content bores me. but as far as spitting goes i don't necessarily think it was fair for me to group her with kim because honestly kim was just a cheap biggie rip off in terms of style and a glamorized slut in terms of content. but minaj and foxy probably belong in the same group.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote