Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #591 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Considering buying Lollar 52 T Series neck and bridge pickups for my Squier Classic Vibe Tele (same as shown here) with some birthday gift money. I think they sound fantastic, especially the bridge - although some commenters think the great tone is coming from that Lab L7 amp.

The Squier Classic Vibe Tele with the Lollar pickups and Lab L7 amp does sound very warm and deep, ribbons.

Your post made me wonder how much difference in sound the Lollar 52 T Series neck and bridge pickups make compared to the guitar's out-of-the-box pickups.

I tried finding videos that might demonstrate this. Here's the closest I could find: a video comparing American Standard Pickups with Lollar 52-Ts on a home-made pine Tele.

With all the different setting options that the man used (below), it was hard to tell much difference between the pickups, but perhaps the Lollars sounded more mellow? It seems to me that the tone is affected more by the settings used than the pickups. (He should have played the same songs using the different pickups, and he should have used the exact same settings!)

I guess I'm wondering if the tone difference is worth the $220 cost of Lollar 52-T neck and bridge pickups (according to the Lollar website): Telecaster Pickups Tele Pickups

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote