Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #1772 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Thank you everyone, it's been a very hard day trying to process it. Everything happened so fast, she was fine this morning, it was the day she was going to get her stitches out from her spay, but there was some minor complications and she needed to go back under and get a few more put in and she never came out of it.

There's been so many emotions and feelings, but I am trying to remember that the pain of today will fade in time whereas the good memories that made up everything else will live on forever. That being said, I also can't help but feel cheated, she was only 18 months, and we only got to enjoy 14 of those months together. There were a lot of things we never got to do, like go hiking in the mountains and play in real snow. She won't be the last St. Bernard, or the last dog, but there will never be another dog like her, and it's hard to imagine waking up tomorrow and not getting to go out for my morning walk with her.

I am glad it wasn't dragged out, it was sudden and painless. She didn't suffer and she lived a life where she was never hungry, never cold, never scared, and was always loved.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote