Music Banter - View Single Post - What Songs Have You Heard In Public Lately?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music-Fanatic View Post
When I was in Ann Summers. I heard Tom Jones -Sex Bomb
Just looked up 1) Ann Summers and 2) that song. It definitely fit your surroundings!

(Had to chuckle watching the video because Tom Jones looks like my ex-husband there, if you elongated Tom and made him taller. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwell John View Post
I heard a song in public using my ear piece 'Every Night in My Dreams"
Do you mean the “Titanic” song, Ashwell? Just looked that one up too, and never realized that’s the actual title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
My local record store has some speakers set up on the sidewalk, and they play some pretty good stuff. When I was on my way out this afternoon, the owner (who knows I love Bowie) cranked up "Rebel Rebel". I couldn't resist the opportunity to perform an impromptu dance with a girl who happened to be hanging around the door.
Speakers on the sidewalk?!? That is so cool – wish the stores here did that. I love how you and the girl did the impromptu dance – and I can understand why: one of the all time great danceable rock ‘n’ roll riffs. To this day I always thought it was Mick Ronson, until I looked it up just now and learned it’s Bowie playing guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
EDIT: Also should mention that I heard the Strawberry Alarm Clock's "Incense and Peppermints" in the grocery store last week. That's a rarity.
A rarity indeed – you must’ve loved that! I live for the day I hear The Clash’s “Lost In The Supermarket” in a supermarket.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote