Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #328 (permalink)
Key

Jonsi & Alex - Riceboy Sleeps

If there was ever something that needed to be done, album wise, this one is an album that I don't think I would've been able to survive without. To me, there is just something so beautiful about hearing an album that was crafted by two people who love each other to no end. It surpasses any kind of band chemistry that has been seen before, and it really showcases how much they care about each other with how good the album sounds as a whole.

If you're looking for more of the ambient side of Sigur Ros, where the vocals aren't as prevalent, this is an album that I would definitely recommend checking out.

I still remember the first time I stumbled upon it, I was curious to know who the second half of the Jonsi & Alex was, in which case I would've never thought they were in love. Not that I ever thought it was a bad thing, but I feel like I was able to grow more in love with this album after knowing the kind of relationship the two members had. It's a weird thing, but it really does work for this.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote