Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #597 (permalink)
enterbandnamehere
Groupie

Hello everyone.
I am extremely new (even noob is too good! so, please be kind.LOL) to the audio world and need a little help.
I have some equipment that I would like help in connecting. If I do it on my own, I will blow something up! Even the simple terms like "power amp in" on the front of a powered mixer has me scratching my head.
So with that said, Here is what I would like help with.
I am part of a 3 piece band ( 2 guitars and a vocalist) We have the bass and drums on a backing track played through a laptop computer. We are miking the two small guitar amps with instrument mics (SM57's) and the 3 people are singing through vocal mics (SM 58's). I have tried numorous ways of hooking up the following equipment but I can't seem to get it right. As I said, If I keep plugging and unplugging lines to different places to see what works....I will damage something.
I have a lot of patch cords, mic cords XLR, Speaker and guitar cords. I would like to get your opinion on the best way to set up the following equipment for us to play live in a small to medium size bar/nightclub.

Here is what we have....and where I thought each piece could be utilized.
1 x Peavey XR 8600D Powered mixer. It has 2 amps, main/main and main/mon amps 4 ohms (according to what I can get from the manual). (2 guitar amp mics and 2 vocal mics could be used on this one)
1 x Behringer INuke NU1000 power amp with crossover switch for full range/mono and bridge. 2 ohms (Backing track amp?)
1 x Behringer Eurorack UB2222FX passive mixer desk.
1 x Harbinger HA 120 power amp with 2 x 12" passive speakers 8ohm (I thought the lead singer could use this one)
2 x Seismic Audio speaker cabinets with 2 15" speakers and small tweeter/horns 4 ohm at 700 watts rms (main FOH speakers?)
2 x Harbinger 12" 600 watt powered speaker/monitors (for the two guitar players)
2 x 75 watt rms passive Kustom wedges 8 ohms (lead singer monitors)
1 x 400 watt (i think) Sonic passive subwoofer with an 18" speaker and ported slots on the bottom. Don't know the ohms.
Any connection set up that doesn't blow up and amp or speaker will work for me. You guys are the experts here. I would be in your debt if you could lend me a suggestion or two.

I could take pics of the equipment if it would help in any way or add a link to the manuals too.
Again, thanks in advance for any help.
enterbandnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote